FT-2980R Wires feature and Analog Wires-X in general

Brian Richman

Yaesu digital audio is clear isn't it?

Far fewer of the digital artifacts that other digital modes like DMR has to my ears.

If today wasn't full of work things (three back to back conference calls from 9am until 4pm), I'd be playing radio with it right now.

Elmer net tonight!

On Monday, December 14, 2020, 10:41:11 PM CST, jurgencombs1958 <jurgencombs1958@...> wrote:

I had a great afternoon with wane AC5V .

I was trying to get on his repeaters analog node. May have made it if it was not in digital setup at the time. Lol

So he ran me through the digital repeater and wires-x procedures.

I am so glad I waited to buy the Yaesu digital instead of hurrying and not getting digital.

The audio clarity was amazing.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone

[...]

Programmed in on my side and all I have to do now is remember to hold down the PTT when I send the DTMF tones. I sat there and wondered why it didn't generate them for a good 10 minutes. Emoji DOH!!!! Yes, I did send the disconnect sequence when I was done.