Tower Safety (From ARRL NTX Section) Reflector

Jon, N5JLD

This is a re-post of what was shared on the ARRL NTX Section Groups.io list.

Tower Safety, each of us weather ground crew or Tower climber need to wake up and do our part for Safety
From: Steven Lott Smith KG5VK
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 07:21:38 CST

We can start by watching this excellent video
on why we need to be safer at what we love
and the right tools and even more so the right attitude.

Click here to watch the Video

Come back here and add your thoughts
If you don't climb do you support those of us that do with a safe attitude?
Or do you laugh because we refrain from climbing a tower that is not worth our life AND yours

Belts are not safe, A climbing Harness is a minimum

This past 12 months we lost Four fellow amateurs to tower climbing accidents that could have been prevented

Ground crews carry the weight of those loses

Education is only one key.

73
Steve
KG5VK