Topics

Capacitive Touch Paddles #keys

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

I've seen his page... looks like the schematics are there, just need to create a gerber file and send it off to pcbway!

I got this one from ebay and it works great... but it doesn't come with the plastic stand:

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 1:01 PM Ken KM4NFQ <km4nfq@...> wrote:
Hello Bruce, W8BH,

I was looking for Capactive Touch Paddles the other day and came
across this one by W0UKD:

https://m0ukd.com/homebrew/capacitive-cw-touch-key-circuits/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd1dWnN5Exg

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have any PCBs left, but he did offer
a PDF of the board that can be etched at home.

https://m0ukd.com/static/homebrew/Touch_CW_Paddle_Key/Capacitive_Touch/Capacitive_Touch_Keyer.pdf

The interesting thing about the circuit is the use of the AT42QT1011
chip which is a One Channel Touch Sensor IC. He also uses an
IRFML8244TRPbF MOSFET, as well as a couple of resistors and
capacitors. He has a nice explanation of battery life for the circuit
(over 3000 hours!) using AAA and AA batteries. It seems very simple.

Regards,
Ken, KM4NFQ "Not Fully Qualified"
https://groups.io/g/w8bhMorseTutor