Ken KM4NFQ

Greetings,

The STM32F103C8T6 'Blue Pill' may be programmed with an ST-LINK V2 dongle using the st-flash utility, available from https://github.com/texane/stlink

The binary is available from https://github.com/bhall66/morse-tutor/tree/master/MorseTutor

Command line (on a Linux system):
$ st-flash write filename.bin 0x8000000

st-link_v2-connect.png
Advantage:
The stlink utilities are much easier to install than the STM32 tool chain.
Disadvantage:
It is a binary blob, so the source code cannot be edited with your callsign.

However, there is a feature in Config > Callsign which allows you to enter your callsign with your key. Once that is done, your callsign will appear on the Splash Screen, and will be used in Receive > QSO.

Regards,
Ken, KM4NFQ "Not Fully Qualified"
https://groups.io/g/w8bhMorseTutor

Mark Hatch

I also found the St-link to be the simplest way to program the blue pill. Could not get the usb way to work on all blue-pills. And the serial adapter works,  but the first one was bad (or I blew it up).

mark

Karl Jan Skontorp

You can also use the ST-Link direct from the Arduino IDE, just choose the correct programmer in the Tools menu! :-)
Karl Jan - LA3FY

John Bahun

For some reason (as yet I have not figured out why) the Blue Pill (STM32) sometimes is very obstinate when Downloading the binary from the Arduino IDE.

I have loaded the ST Micro tools. I use the ST tool to download the binary that is output by the IDE.

I never had enough time to troubleshoot the issue. If you have trouble getting the binary downloaded, let me know and I can post the exact procedures to get the binary downloaded.

73 - John - N6API

Sent from my iPhone 6!
John J. Bahun
Senior Software / Hardware Engineer - Retired (Apple DTS)
Amateur Radio Operator - N6API Extra Class as of 03/05/2019!
CFO Member #046