Re: Pocket Tutor - hardware update

Ken Kaplan

Thanks for the hints.
I'm going to get boards and parts ordered, probably tomorrow.
73
Ken
WB2ART

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020, 4:59 PM Bruce Hall <bhall66@...> wrote:
I have a few tips for anyone building the Pocket Tutor:

1.  The power supply needs a decoupling capacitor across the battery.  You should solder an additional 10uF cap across the pins of the battery jack J1.

2.  The audio and key jacks are recessed by about a millimeter.  Normally this isn't a problem, but one my plugs fails to make good contact.   So, when soldering these jacks, please situate them as close as possible to the board edge.  The extra-large soldering pads give you some leeway.

I updated the builder's guide to reflect these two changes.

Bruce

Join w8bhMorseTutor@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.