It's time to bring some of the new features back to Morse Tutor:
1. There is a new menu item: Config-Screen, which lets you set the default startup screen, the screen brightness, and the screen foreground/background colors.
2. Changing the screen brightness has no effect unless you modify your Morse Tutor hardware to take advantage of this function. I can help if anyone is interested.
3. The latest code suppresses the on-board LED from flashing Morse. If you want to keep the flashing LED, change the value of SUPPRESSLED to false.
4. If you install this code, your display will look terrible at first (random foreground/background colors). Go to Config-Defaults to fix.
5. There are only a few color choices. I started with more, but kept coming back to a black or blue background and light-colored text. Let me know what you think.
6. Some user-builds are very finicky regarding how the hardware is initialized. If, for any reason, your hardware does not seem to work with this new code, I saved the previous code on GitHub here:
(Technically speaking, GitHub saves all previous versions; I just wanted to make it is easy to find.)
7. If anyone has an STM32 unit that can't save its configuration, I would appreciate hearing from you. This version *might* work better.
8. This update is for the STM32 version only. I have not modified the ESP32 version.
The latest source code and binary are here: