Re: Handheld Tutor

Ken KM4NFQ

Hello Bruce W8BH,

The cool thing about releasing the draft PDFs is that many eyes usually see more than two eyes.
I am glad that my nit-picky suggestions were considered.

All of these PDFs are very educational. I like the way you explain everything so clearly.
I am looking forward to the Audio part. !!!

Your Portable Morse Code Tutor is looking like it might be a good ARC project?
If the COVID19 pandemic ever allows groups to get together again?

Regards,
Ken, KM4NFQ "Not Fully Qualified"
https://groups.io/g/w8bhMorseTutor

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 8:12 AM Bruce Hall <bhall66@...> wrote:
Thanks Ken, I am indebted to your careful proofreading.   The corrections are now in place.

Bruce

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 8:04 AM Ken KM4NFQ <km4nfq@...> wrote:
Hello Bruce W8BH,

I really enjoyed that microcontroller part !!!

I have now had a chance to sit down and read each part carefully.
Here are a few suggestions that you may consider for all three parts, so far:

part 2 pg 2
having a very lower Vdo is important.
suggested:
having a much lower Vdo is important.

part 2 pg 4
Pin 1 if the MCP73831 is the status line.
suggested:
Pin 1 of the MCP73831 is the status line.

part 2 pg 4
What resistor value should be use?
suggested:
What resistor value should be used?
or:
What resistor value should we use?

part 2 pg 4
to a microcontroller input, so that you the application also knows
suggested:
to a microcontroller input, so that the application also knows
or:
to a microcontroller input, so that your application also knows

part 3 pg 1
flash memory, used by Morse Code Tutor to store its settings,
suggested:
flash memory, used by the Morse Code Tutor to store its settings,

part 3 pg 4
Let’s add connect the pushbutton, resistor, and capacitor to the
suggested:
Let’s add and connect the pushbutton, resistor, and capacitor to the

part 3 pg 4
The datasheet for the
STM32 recommends bypass capacitor for every set of
voltage pins on the microcontroller.
suggested:
The datasheet for the
STM32 recommends a bypass capacitor for every set of
voltage pins on the microcontroller.
or:
The datasheet for the
STM32 recommends bypass capacitors for every set of
voltage pins on the microcontroller.

I know those are all very nit-picky, and the drafts were very understandable as written, but I can't help it. I think it is an OCD thing? 8^D

Regards,
Ken, KM4NFQ "Not Fully Qualified"
https://groups.io/g/w8bhMorseTutor

Regards,
Ken, KM4NFQ "Not Fully Qualified"
https://groups.io/g/w8bhMorseTutor

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 7:55 PM Bruce Hall <bhall66@...> wrote:
Thanks Ken.

Here is a draft of the microcontroller part:

- Bruce

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 7:27 PM Ken KM4NFQ <km4nfq@...> wrote:
Hello Bruce W8BH,

That is very educational. Nice work.
I am looking forward to the microcontroller part.

Join w8bhMorseTutor@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.