Re: Blue Pill programming procedure

Ken KM4NFQ

Hello Jim,

The link to the STLINK utilities is at: https://github.com/texane/stlink
Just in case that link does not make it through to you, here it is, broken down:
http colon double forward slash github dot com forward slash texane
forward slash stlink

At that site you will find the STLINK utilities used to flash a BIN
file to a 'Blue Pill'.
From what I understand, pre-compiled binaries of the utilities are
available for many OSes.
So you should find the pre-compiled utilities for MS-Windows there.

As for myself, I have been using the GNU/Linux OS for 23+ years and I
do not have MS-Windows on a PC.
As a matter of fact, I had to compile the STLINK utilities for the
GNU/Linux distribution that I use (Debian).
So I cannot help you with MS-Windows.

On my system, the STLINK utilities work with an STLINK V2 dongle (see
attachment).
The BIN file for the latest W8BH Morse Tutor can be found at:
https://github.com/bhall66/morse-tutor/blob/master/MorseTutor/MorseTutor.ino.generic_stm32f103c.bin
The command line for the st-flash utility is:
$ st-flash write mct.bin 0x8000000
where:
the '$' is the command line prompt. Do not type the '$'.
'st-flash; is the name of the utility.
'write' is an option.
'mct.bin' is the name of the BIN binary file to be flashed to the 'Blue Pill'.
'0x8000000' is the hex address that the bin file will be written to.

I do not know what the MS-Windows command-line equivalent is?
It may be documented at the github texane stlink site linked to above?

If anyone has successfully used an STLINK V2 dongle and flashed a BIN
file to a 'Blue Pill' using MS-Windows, please share your experience.

Ken, KM4NFQ

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 1:12 AM Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67@...> wrote:

Has anyone done the Blue Pill programming using Windows that has written up the procedures? I was trying to find the binaries as the group home page
https://groups.io/g/w8bhMorseTutor
and going to the #stm32 link there it shows 3 threads. The first thread description says the binaries are at https://gi but I gather the description field would not take the entire url.

I saw Ken's write up for programming using Linux
https://groups.io/g/w8bhMorseTutor/topic/69197390?p=,,,20,0,0,0::relevance,,%23stm32,20,2,0,69197390,ct=1&ct=1

I am wondering if anyone using Windows that has programmed the Blue Pill has a tutorial for programming the Blue Pill and would consider posting it to the files section here? I did not see much of a reference to actual programming in Bruce's fantastic tutorials on his web site.

Is anyone still working on this project during your isolation?

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY

Join w8bhMorseTutor@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.