Topics

wiring Pm42 using Accu-lite

Rrickster

I have a HO scale digitrax system. I would like to use the Pm42 for
1) power management
2) reverse loop
I wanted to avoid soldering so I am using Accu-lite breakout boards. I am having a difficult time accomplishing both tasks. Does anyone have aI have a HO scale digitrax system. I would like to use the Pm42 for
1) power management
2) reverse loop
I wanted to avoid soldering so I am using Accu-lite breakout boards. I am having a difficult time accomplishing both tasks. Does anyone have a wiring schematic or could instruct me on how to accomplish these tasks.

ReplyForward
or could instruct me on how to accomplish these tasks.

ReplyForward

Jerry Michels

I think using the Acculite beadboard is a great choice.  As to wiring, the Digitrax diagram is pretty straight forward.  For power management, you run the two wires from a block to the PM42 input terminals for a given block and then two wires from the same-numbered output to your command station DCC output.  Since you are intent on multiple blocks, you can have a common pair of wires that you connect to your Command Station power output.  This is called a power buss.  We find that a single buss will handle about eight blocks.  The reverse  loop works in a similar manner with the exception that you need to 'tell' the PM42 that a specific input is a reversing loop.

Jerry Michels
Amarillo Railroad Museum