Topics

Wiring For DCC Website Update

wirefordcc

I've been busy adding a number of things to my website and more to come soon.  These are accessible in the "What's New" section at:  http://www.wiringfordcc.com/wirefordcc_toc.htm#a1

I have also added a new section to my website called, "First Looks", to capture my initial experiences with products new to me as I build my new layout.  The objective is to capture interesting features of the product you might be interested in or things I discovered that I thought might be useful to you.   These are accessible just below the above link for "What's New".

Some of the new topics on my website are:
- Demonstration of resistance soldering.  (This is my first attempt at making a video.  As a result, I have a new microphone and an overhead camera mount on order and will remake this video.)
- Source of cell phone speakers
- Wiring programming track using NCE Power Cab and Auto Switch.  Thanks to Jim Exler for providing the drawings!
- Using Frog Juicers with block detection.
- Using a Decoder Buddy Mini with a 21 pin sound decoder.

Products in the new "First Looks" Section:
- NCE Light-It universal lighting and signal decoder
- NCE Switch8-MK2 (for slow motion switch machines) and Button Board
- NCE EB1 v1.1 electronic circuit breaker with lower initial trip point of 1.5A (new product)
- NCE AR10 auto reverser and circuit breaker (new product)

Allan Gartner
Wiring for DCC

mgj21932

Allan,

For some reason (perhaps upgrading my Op. system?) since mid-Sept. I have not been receiving any messages from this group. I hope that is not intentional, as I don’t believe I’ve broken any of the rules. I have checked my Junk folder and the emails aren’t landing there.

Can you confirm that I am still registered? If somehow I have inadvertently unsubscribed, please advise as how I can resubscribe. This blog is immensely educational for a me as I return to the HO modeling hobby and the brave new world of DCC. Your earlier blogs helped me understand AR wiring issues (and reduced my AR segments from half a dozen the two!).

Thanks,

Bill Demarest
mgj21932@...

P.S. Same thing has happened with respect to the NCE DCC blog postings.

Donald Scharenbroch

Bill

I had the same problem. Check your Spam folder. the messages that I expected were there. There should be instructions on your missing messages on how to fix your problem.

Don

On Friday, October 2, 2020, 11:23:19 AM EDT, mgj21932 via groups.io <mgj21932@...> wrote:

Allan,

For some reason (perhaps upgrading my Op. system?) since mid-Sept. I have not been receiving any messages from this group.  I hope that is not intentional, as I don’t believe I’ve broken any of the rules.  I have checked my Junk folder and the emails aren’t landing there.

Can you confirm that I am still registered?  If somehow I have inadvertently unsubscribed, please advise as how I can resubscribe.  This blog is immensely educational for a me as I return to the HO modeling hobby and the brave new world of DCC.  Your earlier blogs helped me understand AR wiring issues (and reduced my AR segments from half a dozen the two!).

Thanks,

Bill Demarest
mgj21932@...

P.S.  Same thing has happened with respect to the NCE DCC blog postings.

Jim Betz

Bill,
  Sometimes our email providers 'automatically' mark/reject emails from groups.io
because they -think- it is spam.  When that happens somehow groups.io knows it
happened and they mark your user for "having a problem" (or even remove you
from the group).
basis (by using the online interface to groups).  Especially check your "email
delivery options" to make sure they are right.
                                                                                                   - Jim

D B

Thanks Jim.