Topics

Wiring a Helix for DCC

Stephen Lamb

I'm out in the Scottish West Highlands. The standing joke is that the precipitation exceeds the evaporation !!!! Our ambient humidity is very high. I decided on natural ventilation because its the fast cycle between the peaks and troughs that cause the warping. I habitually coat everything constructed from ply, thin timber or balsa for buildings and structures with a 50/50 PVA mix to seal surfaces. It also adds a lot of stiffness and provides a good surface to sand. The inner plywood walls  and ceiling of the shed were painted a Sky Blue matt emulsion mixed with PVA. Another good substance is the PVA/latex mix that builders use as a concrete waterproofer additive.

Charles Brumbelow

And then there is this... Charles

On Jun 10, 2018, at 3:49 PM, Charles Brumbelow via Groups.Io <mrb37211@...> wrote:

Speaking of helixes and their wiring...

https://youtu.be/-hPuNFjRTZA

Charles

Brian Eiland

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 10:20 AM, Stephen Lamb via Groups.Io <stephen489@...> wrote:
I'm out in the Scottish West Highlands. The standing joke is that the precipitation exceeds the evaporation !!!! Our ambient humidity is very high. I decided on natural ventilation because its the fast cycle between the peaks and troughs that cause the warping. I habitually coat everything constructed from ply, thin timber or balsa for buildings and structures with a 50/50 PVA mix to seal surfaces. It also adds a lot of stiffness and provides a good surface to sand. The inner plywood walls  and ceiling of the shed were painted a Sky Blue matt emulsion mixed with PVA. Another good substance is the PVA/latex mix that builders use as a concrete waterproofer additive.

I was going to ask about that type of product as i have a few cans of it,...concrete, masonry sealer . One of them is silconized?
Brian
_._,

Stephen Lamb

That sounds like silicon wall sealer you paint on porous masonry and is normally clearan comes in cans. The PVA/latex mix is milky colour and comes in 5litre plastic containers.

Brian Eiland

You are correct, my is the clear silicon wall sealer and came in a 5 gal can. But the top of the can is rusty and partially open, so I just may not use it. My contractor friend says the PVA latex sealer is what they use on drywall, so best use something like that.