Topics

U Turn & Reverser

emrldsky

I have loaded a file named U_Turn=20190511a_1.pdf into the files section. I believe the gaps and the connection using a PSX-AR reverser will function as expected. One train at a time is the anticipated operation. The train may enter the U Turn from either track and proceed to the other track.

Thoughts? Comments?

Peace,

Mike G.

Don Vollrath

Mike, Your idea will work as expected. Make sure you have good electrical connections and track feeder wiring somewhere near the reversing section gaps for flawless performance. You may need to adjust the PSX-AR trip threshold if your booster is rated less than 5 amps. But an OG-AR is less expensive and will work as well with a 5 amp controller/booster.
DonV

emrldsky

Thanks Don,

The only possible issue would be if there was an engine sitting on one of the sidings of the U, and another endine enters from the other side. The reverser would trip, but I am not sure what the result would be for the engine on the siding.

Peace,

Mike G.

Don Vollrath

Any loco or even several locos already inside a reversing section, idle or running, will not be affected by the AR unit doing its thing when yet another entering loco causes the AR unit to reverse the polarity of voltage on the track. That is the beauty of DCC.
DonV

Brendan S

Makes no difference to engine(s) already in the reversing section.

Brendan