Topics

Turntable-this is how we did it on the Wyoming Division

Verryl

After many hours over many weeks of trying to get repeatable programing
without misalignment errors, Lenny made this panel.[image: Inline image 1]

There are two deck switches each powered separately by a rocker switch in a
1" diameter finger hole. The left knob sends track power to track numbers 1
through 17, and the right to 18-34. He used two deck switches, because 34
poles on a deck switch would have been very hard to wire.

We have 5 Walthers Turntables, and he made panels for all of them, although
some do not have so many finger tracks, so only a single deck switch and
single power on-off rocker switch is necessary.

On the other turntables an operator can align the bridge tracks to the
finger tracks easily by eye, but the Cheyenne turntable is near the center
of a 84 inch wide bench. Lenny installed a permanent overhead video camera
and a 5" (approx) screen to "see" the track allignment.

Cheyenne also has a Walthers transfer table, and we had the same programing
problem. He solved it the same way, and it also uses a video camera to peer
down on the transfer table to align the tracks by eye.

Verryl Fosnight
http://wyomingdivision.org/

David Buuck

I checked the websight but could not find anything about the turntablable switch but did read some about the turntable thnx

On Thursday, March 1, 2018, 10:12:38 AM EST, Verryl Fosnight verrylf@... [WiringForDCC] wrote:

[...]

monty cunningham

Would you mind giving more details about the camera?? Cost, availability, installation, etc.
Thanks
Monty

wdavis5069@...

I went to the web site and found it interesting, but could not locate anything on turntable operation.  Lot's of great pictures of everything.  Your inline photo did not show up as they probably are not allowed by the moderators.  You can post them to the Photos section and provide a link.

Thanks
Wil