From: hotrains2001 [mailto:hotrains@...]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 11:43 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Tortoise switch machines

I will be useing Bi-polar DC & Radio Shack 2 pole 6 position rotary
switches with diodes on 10 turnouts to 11 track hidden staging yard.
Armadillo & Western Diode Matrix for stall motors shows what i can do
but i would like to operate the 10 tortoise from 2 positions as shown
useing DPDT switches in Model Railroader July 2002 Page 74 but
substitute rotary switches.
Is someone able to tell me if this is possible to do & supply a wiring
diagram.
Any help would be appreciated.
This is on my DIGITRAX DCC layout in progress.

Jim McMahon

http://www.WiringForDCC.com
Yahoo! Groups Links

Jim McMahon <hotrains@...>

Don Volrath

Thanks for the info certainly makes sense to use more contacts on the one switch checked the price at Digi-Key site. Do you have the date on the article you refer to.
Is it possible to have 2 rotary switches connected to control the tortoise machines from 2 locations.

Jim McMahon

Vollrath, Don <dvollrath@...>

Jim, the MR item, July 2002 was only for multiple toggle switches. Not all that good for yard throat control. I don't remember the date of the one I was thinking of but I'll dig out my notes on the application and post it in the files section.

Yes you can have more than one rotary switch to select the yard throat route...but only one at a time. I'll add that to my posted file also.