Topics

Three Rail Layouts

Carl

Hello Allen:

Your website asks to let you know if anyone is running a three rail layout. I have since 2002, it has taken 3 major re-wirings to work well with DCC, and an optional switch to Lionel AC. The biggest problem I have is with the Auto-Reversers on the booster. If I have a common short the Auto-Reverser kicks in and the polarity is wrong at the next gap. I've tried to turn the option off, but it doesn't seem to help. So I have rewired again, with manual reverse switches so I can cancel out the Auto-Reverser.

I'm happy to answer any other questions.

Thanks, Carl.

https://www.facebook.com/charlestonmag/videos/300992497192775?sfns=0

PS: Lionel is not just for Christmas Trees.

whmvd

Hi Carl,

I just had an 'OutOfComprehension' error. If you have three-rail, what are the auto-reversers for? Three-rail solves the problem of polarity clashes very neatly, I thought?

Wouter