Topics

Sprog Pi-Sprog-One

Jay

Hi!
Has any one used this system for their layouts yet?
It definitely looks intriguing, especially if you already have some Raspberry Pi' 3's laying around.
It is here: http://www.sprog.us.com/pisprog.html
They also offer a 3D Printed case for it.

Jay

Joseph Melhorn

I just recently bought one with the 3D printed case, but have not had a chance to hook it up and try it. My to-do list keeps getting longer and longer…

Joe Melhorn

Sahuarita, AZ

Rob Toler

Hi Jay, I have not used it so far but have considered it. Model Railroader recently did a review on this and found it to work pretty well using either Android or Apple throttle apps. I am currently using a Lenz DCC system so I might not need the Sprog part but using the Lenz computer interface, which I already have, I should be able to interface to the Raspberry Pi to use cell phone throttles and JMRI for programming etc.

John M Wallis

Hi Folks:

Our club used the Pi-SPROG 1 as the command station/booster for a T-TRAK layout we set up last October. It worked very well with one exception.

A normal DCC Booster attempts to restart automatically after shutting down due to a short. The Pi-SOROG 1 shuts down, but requires a manual turn track power back on.

Regards,

John Wallis