Topics

Shout out of thanks

Chris Richter

I want to give a shout out to Alan, DonV, Mark Gurries and others for their valuable advice and timely responses to questions.  I am working at my first install in over 50 years and 5 years ago when I began even thinking about this I hadn't a clue that DC had long been superseded by something called DCC.

So I took to reading about DCC, looking at the various posts, "Wiring for DCC", various NRMA presentations, etc.

Then 20 months ago I actually started putting down track - a very slow process given I am only able to work on my layout from time to time due to being out of country much of the year. Recently I finished my first level with each section and turnout individually soldered to their feeders, testing for shorts, wiring up my feeders to my 13 Sub Buses and those to my 3 Power Districts and those to my PSXs I was ready...

Much to my relief I found I had only one dead 3' foot section (loose feeder) and track that needing cleaning - but having done that I was able to successfully operate a number of my trains and even several at a time, which included a loop (PM42) - which I thought for certain would cause angst.

As Alan points out I took my time and Mark says one must use the right tools (such as the right crimping tools for the hundreds of IDCs I used). DonV's guidance on several points on Sub Buses/Mains was the backbone I needed as I plowed ahead this spring to electrify everything.

So while it is often months until I see my layout I can at least I know that things have progressed and my thanks to these 3 and others who provide guidance across all the ways we communicate.

Thanks!

Mark Gurries

Remember to have fun!

On Mar 18, 2018, at 6:22 AM, cdrat72kingscc@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

[...]

Best Regards,

Mark Gurries
Electrical Engineer

dvollrath@...

You are welcome. We are here to help others be successful by giving good advice.

DonV