Topics

Short Buss Wire Gauge

Greg Williams

I am planning a small switching layout, 2'x6'. It will be wooden frame with cross braces every 2 feet. This allows 3 "spaces" I am planning to run a 16 AWG buss from the circuit breaker set at 1.5A max to a distribution block in each 2'x2' space under the layout. The feeders for the track would be run from the distribution block. 20 AWG wire. The most I will have is 2 locos at any one time and most of the time only one. I am thinking with these short runs and low current, 16 AWG will be enough. It is local and inexpensive.

GregW66

Greg Williams

Sorry for the duplicate posts. Thanks Yahoo Groups. Have we considered a switch to Groups.io? It's the way groups are supposed to work.

GregW66