Topics

Short Bus Run

gregw66@...

I am building a switching layout six feet long by two feet wide. There will be at most two locomotives running at the same time. From what I've read, a 16 gauge bus should be adequate. Feeders will be 20 gauge solid. I ask because I can get a quantity of 16 gauge wire inexpensively.

GregW66

whmvd

Hi Greg,

Scale is important in these decisions.. I have no idea about those gauge-units of wiring (being non-USA) but the requirements for, say, G-scale are vastly different from those for, at the other end of the scale, Z.

Wouter

On 25 April 2018 at 02:36, gregw66@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

I am building a switching layout six feet long by two feet wide. There will be at most two locomotives running at the same time. From what I've read, a 16 gauge bus should be adequate. Feeders will be 20 gauge solid. I ask because I can get a quantity of 16 gauge wire inexpensively.

GregW66

Vollrath, Don <don.vollrath@...>

16 gauge will be ok.
Since