Topics

Rapido switch machines - accessory decoders?

Nick Ostrosky

I've been eyeballing Rapido switch machines because of the associated switch stands and indicators, which I've never sen with Tortoise.  What isn't clear on their web site is what accessory decoder would be used to control them from a NCE Power Cab or JMRI.  Anyone have experience with these?  Pros and cons?  Accessory decoder suggestions?  Thanks!

Dale Gloer

Edited

Actually their website is quite specific on the topic.  A quick Google search leads to the Installation instructions for these machines.  At the bottom of the instructions is a list of suitable accessory decoders.  Here is a  link:
https://rapidotrains.com/sites/default/files/2020/05/12switch-Instructions_may2020.pdf

Dale Gloer

Nick Ostrosky

Thank you, it did not occur to me that this information would be in the instructions.  I had already watched a video of an install, thinking there was no need to dig into the specific instructions until I decided to move forward (or not).