Topics

PSX-AR feedback to tortois

Charles Cauble

Can anyone tell me if you can override the feedback to tortoise switches on a PSX-AR with a dpdt switch?  The PSX-AR aligns the switches after it passes the 1st gaps in my loop automatically but there are times I don’t want to enter the loop as I approach it and the switches are turned the wrong way.
Thanks for any help.
Charles

Dale Gloer

The third accessory address that can be set in the PSX-AR allows you to control the attached Switch Machine with DCC commands so you could use that feature to set the switch when you approach it.   See section H of the PSX-AR manual. Of course you have to be using a throttle that supports sending switch commands.  Since you didn't say which system you are using and since I am only really familiar with Digitrax, That means that the UR4 series of throttles can't do it but teh DT400s and DT500s can.  Actually the older DT100s and DT300s can too.

Dale Gloer

Paul O

Charles, what I did was put a spst switch across the insulated rail joiner to simulate a loco crossing the gap and flipping the tortoise

Paul O

Paul O

Sorry, forgot to mention that should be a momentary pushbutton spst switch.

Paul O