Topics

psx-ar

Bob Macionis

I have  psx-ar circuit breakers on my reversing loops.  I have them connected to the tortoise machines to auto throw the turnouts entering the loops- very convenient for continuous running.   But on some of them the J5 connection to the tortoise no longer works- it will not throw the tortoise.  I may have done something wrong to blow that switch, but I don't know.   A working J5 has 10 volt output, but the non working ones show only 1 volt.  Does anybody know if there is another way to auto throw the turnout?  The psx-ar's all work perfectly as auto reversers, but I need to auto throw the turnout!  Thanks.

John Sawaska

I am using the "Hare" with the trigger track section to automatically control the turn out position. then all the PSX-AR does is to control the phase of the reverse loop. This set up has worked flawlessly for twenty years.
John Sawaska, Wisconsin Rapids Wi.

Bob Macionis

Thanks, John.  I’ll give that a try.

Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 1:15 AM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] psx-ar

I am using the "Hare" with the trigger track section to automatically control the turn out position. then all the PSX-AR does is to control the phase of the reverse loop. This set up has worked flawlessly for twenty years.

Brian Lewis

Hi John,

This idea intrigues me, especially as I have abut 15 Hares, taken from an earlier layout that I sold and we not wanted by the new owner.

Could you post a circuit drawing please?

On 20/10/2020 03:42, John Sawaska wrote:
_._,_._,_
--

Regards and thanks

Brian Lewis

Bob Macionis

http://tonystrains.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/HARE-Booklet-9-9-13-Rev-K-Optimized.pdf

This is the manual  for the hare- a stationary decoder that has a number of uses.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:45 AM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] psx-ar

Hi John,

This idea intrigues me, especially as I have abut 15 Hares, taken from an earlier layout that I sold and we not wanted by the new owner.

Could you post a circuit drawing please?

On 20/10/2020 03:42, John Sawaska wrote:

John Sawaska

All the information is in the "Hare" instructions, but basically on both legs of the turnout you need a short insulated section(mine are about 5/8" long). This  trigger section needs to be an adequate distance from the turnout to allow the turnout to change position before the locomotive reaches it(i recommend a minimum of 28" more is fine). With this arrangement you can enter from either side of the rev. loop and the train will change the turnout when it approaches the other end of the loop. My loop has a different return to the main so i have a double "hare" setup. If you need more info you can email me at js8542@....
This is used on HO scale.
John Sawaska