Topics

Problem with reversing Section

Timothy Holmes

Hi Folks:

Not sure what is happening here -- I have a reversing loop, with an isolated section.  As the loco enters the section it stops.  The track shows 15VAC, but the engine goes completely dead.  Im headed out to do some more troubleshooting, but thought I'd get a couple messages out in hopes of some suggestions

Thanks
TIM
--

Tim

San Luis and Rio Grande

john

   You didn't mention what kind of reverser you are using so your help will be general.
   The input to the reverser is your non-isolated track and the output to the reversing section. Your instructions tell you where to install each wire but I think you have your output pair reversed.
   You can verify your wiring with "wiring for DCC" information although maybe not you specific reverser. Once you figure out the first on you are an expert and you can install everyone's.
john