Topics

Moving the Q&A Forum

wirefordcc

All,

As you may have heard from others, groups on Yahoo are having problems and are moving to Groups.io.  I will be moving the Wiring for DCC Q&A Forum as well.  I'm hoping to do this within the next month.

I am in the process of learning about groups on Groups.io and setting up the new Q&A forum.  It is my understanding that if you want to be a part of the Q&A forum, you won't have to do anything - your membership and Yahoo settings, like whether you receive individual emails or digests - will be transferred.  I also plan to notify you when the forum is moved and I will change the link in my website so that new people can find the forum.

Allan Gartner

Wiring For DCC

Brian Eiland

Probably a good idea. I know of several forums that have moved and things seem to be going well.

Yahoo just let themselves get outdated.

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 5:04 PM, bigboy@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

All,

As you may have heard from others, groups on Yahoo are having problems and are moving to Groups.io.  I will be moving the Wiring for DCC Q&A Forum as well.  I'm hoping to do this within the next month.

I am in the process of learning about groups on Groups.io and setting up the new Q&A forum.  It is my understanding that if you want to be a part of the Q&A forum, you won't have to do anything - your membership and Yahoo settings, like whether you receive individual emails or digests - will be transferred.  I also plan to notify you when the forum is moved and I will change the link in my website so that new people can find the forum.

Allan Gartner

Wiring For DCC

whmvd

Hi Allan,

If it really works out that seamlessly, it is time to take my hat of to IT people for the first time in a very long while. So far, I've only heard good things from those who switched, but it looks like yours is the first group I'm on to take the plunge. Best of luck - hope there's not too much admin work involved in setting it all up.

Wouter

On 5 May 2018 at 22:45, railandsail railandsail@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

[...]

Wouter,

I know what you mean.  I’m a member of the DIgitrax groups.io group.  As near as I can tell it worked as advertised.  In any event, keep your fingers crossed!

Allan

From: WiringForDCC@... Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2018 2:19 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] Moving the Q&A Forum

[...]

I think I have the new Q&A forum ready for a few brave soles to try out.  IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM, DO NOT JOIN THE NEW GROUP.  THIS WILL BE DONE FOR YOU AUTOMATICALLY.

Please do tell your friends about the new group; especially those who were waiting for the new group before joining.  Ask them to join the new group.  Once I am sure everything works right, then I will move everyone in the Yahoo! group to the new Groups.io group.  The messages in the Yahoo! group will also move at that time.  I'm hoping to do this in the next few weeks.

To join the new Wiring for DCC Q&A group on Groups.io, go to:

http://www.wiringfordcc.com/wwwtips.htm#a2

Thank you

Allan Gartner

Wiring for DCC