Topics

kato switches

vincent marino

I've about decided to redo my new layout from Bachmann ez track to kato unitrack. I'm redoing the layout because all the Bachmann switches are shorting out. Most everyone has advised to use Peco however I like the looks and practicality of the attached roadbed. Before I jump into another manufacturers track system I'm asking for advice this time.

Question; are kato switches compatible with the new NCE dcc systems? On the kato website I see Digitrax zephyr hooked up to  the kato turnout.  Whats the deal? Can NCE be used or am I limited to digitrax?

thanks guys.

Sincerely,
Vincent Marino
Vincent Marino
Affordable Roofing Contractors
Project Manager
904-260-7663 office
904-683-2914 fax
904-449-6339  mobile
www.bestaffordablecontractors.com

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.

emrldsky

I use NCE with my Kato HO track. I am using about 12 Kato turnouts. I do set the jumpers so that the turnouts for the reversing loops are not power routing.

Peace,
Mike G.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 8:33 AM, Affordable Roofing Contractors vmarino2009@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

[...]

dvollrath@...

There is no reason that one cannot use an NCE DCC control system with Kato uni-track... including the Kato track switches/turnouts. If it works with DC, it will work with any brand DCC equipment.

DonV

---In WiringForDCC@..., <vmarino2009@...> wrote :

[...]

I received an email from nce. They sell a control board for Kato switches.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 2:23 PM dvollrath@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike thank you. Was it hard to do the individual programing of each NCE switch-kat? And did you install each switch-kat close to the switch or a central location?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:13 PM, Mike Gallagher azMikeG@... [WiringForDCC] <WiringForDCC@...> wrote:

[...]

I do not use DCC for turnout control.
I use DPDT switches, center off, momentary, to control the switches remotely with 12V DC, and manually for a lot of them.

Peace,
Mike G.