Is it possible?

Bill Wilken

I discovered recently that a Walthers E7 diesel that had been running without issue suddenly was shorting out a power district. Close inspection showed no obvious problem in either of the 3-axle trucks. Instead of following the usual procedure of checking for internal wiring problems, I decided for no particular reason to try reprogramming the loco.  Presto changeo, the loco once again runs without throwing a short.  I have to wonder whether I'm dealing with some type of intermittent failure in the decoder. Any thoughts?

thomasmclae

Which decoder?
Walthers has uses Tsunami, QSI and Loksound as decoder source.

Thomas
DeSoto, TX