Genesis GP40-2

Sam Robinson

Hello everyone, well Athearn won't stand behind the fact they installed the wrong resistors on my motherboard so I've got to order a new one.  After looking at their site I see a couple to choose from but I can't tell which one I need.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sam R.
Lewiston Maine

Craig Zeni

I would use a Decoder Buddy.  The resistors will be right and it's less expensive.

Craig Zeni
Cary, NC
Despatched from my infernal Android

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021, 03:21 Sam Robinson <samuelrobinson388@...> wrote:
Hello everyone, well Athearn won't stand behind the fact they installed the wrong resistors on my motherboard so I've got to order a new one.  After looking at their site I see a couple to choose from but I can't tell which one I need.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sam R.
Lewiston Maine

Sam Robinson

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and ordered 2 of them because one of my other locomotives with LED's needs one.  One of them has both front and rear flashing ditchlights. I can't figure out where to solder the wires onto. I was also told that in order to make them flash I need to solder the wires onto specific pads? I figured the 21 pin Tsunami2 sound decoder would handle that like it does already?