Topics

Frog juicer as auto reverser with staggered pickup locomotives

Tom in Texas

Is there an installation trick I could use to get the device to work with brass steam locomotives?

Tom in Texas

Mark Gurries

No.

It should not matter.

Frog juicers work by detecting short circuits at the track level.  It happens when a metal flanged wheel bridges between rail connected to the frog and rail the feeds the frog.  That is independent of how the locomotive picks up track power.

On Dec 4, 2019, at 9:45 AM, Tom in Texas via Groups.Io <texpearson@...> wrote:

Is there an installation trick I could use to get the device to work with brass steam locomotives?

Tom in Texas

Best Regards,

Mark Gurries
Electrical Engineer

Dale Gloer

A single Frog Juicer cannot function as an auto reverser - you need to use a Dual Frog Juicer or one section of a Hex Frog Juicer with appropriate jumpers installed.

Dale Gloer