Wyndell "Wingnut" Ferguson

thanks for the replies!

Wyndell "Wingnut" Ferguson

On Sunday, March 15, 2020, 9:48:00 AM CDT, Jerry Michels <gjmichels53@...> wrote:

We have had no problems doing this. As long as the rules for wiring 120v AC are followed.  We haven't have a need for switches along the extension cord, we have one at the beginning to disable the AC.  Our AC runs (in conduit and boxes) has multiple duplex outlets.  That is the reason for the AC in the first place, to distribute the AC to points on the layout where it is needed.

Jerry Michels

Amarillo Railroad Museum

So what’s everyone’s thoughts on adding a switch in an extension cord and replace end connector with a metal box and 2 duplex outlets?

Wyndell