Topics

Effects of Locos already in reverse loop when loop reverses

rreitz@...

I will have a rather large DCC reverse loop that will have other activity within the loop with other locos doing switching.  In fact that loop and all the trackage within it will be more than half the entire layout.  Will there be any affects on those locos within the loop when another one enters and/or leaves the loop?  That is will the phase shift affect the ones already in the loop in any way?  Thank you.

D B

From what (little) I know about DCC operation, it should not have any effect on locos operating within the loop on DCC power when the reversing segment changes phasing.
Bill D
N&W Steam Only

On Dec 11, 2020, at 3:31 PM, rreitz@... wrote:

I will have a rather large DCC reverse loop that will have other activity within the loop with other locos doing switching.  In fact that loop and all the trackage within it will be more than half the entire layout.  Will there be any affects on those locos within the loop when another one enters and/or leaves the loop?  That is will the phase shift affect the ones already in the loop in any way?  Thank you.

wirefordcc

DCC locomotives are insensitive to polarity of the track power.  You will not notice any problem to locos within a reversing section when another one enters or exits a reversing loop.  You just can’t have multiple locomotives entering or exiting a reversing loop at two different entrances.