From: "wirefordcc" <wire4dcc_admin@...>
To: <WiringForDCC@...>
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 11:11 AM
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Re: Can't print website

I just experimented to with moving the menu bar on the left over to
the right side. For a printed version of my website, you don't really
need that menu bar. It worked and wasn't too painful to move. Check
it out at: http://www.wiringfordcc.com/blockdet.htm

Over time, I'll move the others over. If you have specific requests,
please let me know. I'm busy with school and probably won't be moving
a lot of them any time soon.

Allan

http://www.WiringForDCC.com
Yahoo! Groups Links

wirefordcc <wire4dcc_admin@...>

Adamant? No. As always, it's your railroad.

The reason for a separate booster driving your turnouts is that if a
short occurs while the turnout is being thrown, then the turnout
controller will stop moving the points. You will then be stuck with
the short. If you use a separate booster, your track will short, but
the controller will keep moving the points. If the movement of the
points caused the short, the expectation is that the short will clear
as the points move.

If you want to avoid a separate booster, you can use an electronic
circuit breaker (a PM42 or equivelent) GOING TO THE TRACK. That way,
the PM42 briefly shuts down the track, but the booster keeps the
turnouts operating.