Topics

Double Crossover

SLYMERSDADDY@...

--
Hello everyone a question I have that I know has been answered before I am sure.  I am building an n scale double crossover with Peco code 55 turnouts and a Peco crossing.  The turnouts are Electrofrogs and have not been modified in any way.  Can someone explain to me how and where to install the wiring, and insulators.  Do i need to add the wires listed in WirngDCC and cut the frogs? What is the best way to switch the wiring through two tortoise switch machines?  Of course, the layout will be using DCC.  The track plan is a double oval with a reverse loop installed on the inboard loop.  I have seen something called a frog juicer will these be required?

Just looking for some help!!

Thanks in advance

Ed

Theo van Riet

Op 18 mrt. 2020, om 00:20 heeft SLYMERSDADDY via Groups.Io <SLYMERSDADDY=YAHOO.COM@groups.io> het volgende geschreven:

--
Hello everyone a question I have that I know has been answered before I am sure. I am building an n scale double crossover with Peco code 55 turnouts and a Peco crossing. The turnouts are Electrofrogs and have not been modified in any way. Can someone explain to me how and where to install the wiring, and insulators. Do i need to add the wires listed in WirngDCC and cut the frogs? What is the best way to switch the wiring through two tortoise switch machines? Of course, the layout will be using DCC. The track plan is a double oval with a reverse loop installed on the inboard loop. I have seen something called a frog juicer will these be required?

Just looking for some help!!
On the internet are a lot of suggestions on how to wire the prefab crossover of Peco do not know the type number.
It might be a good idea to mimic one of these proposals, it works on my layout. With the addition of one relay….

Theo