Topics

Don't know what I have?

Rouss

This is what I do know.  N scale  DCC NCE power cab.  Peco turnouts or switches.  The question is, the turnouts are used manually, they have been modified with two cuts.  No wires go through the bottom of the board.
Why was this done?  And can I make these turnouts operate electrically?

wirefordcc

Peco makes a couple of different turnouts.  Please take a picture of a turnout and upload to the photos section of this Q&A Forum so that one of us can figure out which one you have.  We also need to know where the cuts are that you are having trouble with.  Please mark the photo where the cuts were made.

Did you build this layout or was it built by someone else?

Thank you

Allan Gartner
Wiring for DCC

Rouss

I did not build this layout, was built by someone else.

Rouss

Sorry for delay on the pics. Learning, moving pics from phone to Groups.io  Peco turnouts are electric,cuts are before & after Frog (strange term) cuts are all the way though rails nothing filling the cuts. Black & red wire feed rails. All wiring appears to be powering the rails in numerous places. No insulated rails before or after turnouts, actually do not see any insulated track at all. Turnouts click back & forth manually.Track is all ballasted. Do not know if this was the right way to build a DCC layout. Starting to figure a few thing out. Thanks Robert

wirefordcc

Hi Robert,

Were you able to load the photos?  What did you call the group?

Thanks

Allan

Robert Wilson

Hi Allan - did you mean to send your question to Rouss?  Otherwise, I'm not sure what photos you are referring to.

I shared the photos under group n-scale@groups.io with the same topic header "Don't know what I have"