Topics

DCC friendly Peco Code 80 points

Mark French

Hi team, I have surfed the net and watched countless hours of how to make your Peco points DCC "friendly" to use with Tortoise motors, they are great for showing DCC friendly HO, OO points but scarce little on N Gauge, other than one for a code 55, which are manufactured different to Code 80.

I thought I had a handle on it, I soldered a green wire for the frog on the wing rail and the Red and Black (Active/Neutral) onto respective sides of the track (Stockrail) just past the switch (about the third sleeper/tie from the end). I have done this with over a dozen points.

On one point, when I switch it, power runs fine when in the open (straight through) position showing 12.1v on my meter, when thrown I have 0v sometimes 12.1v. Other points seam to work fine then randomly the train will stop. When I remove the train and throw the point back and forth then it runs great suggesting a poor connection or a dirty point. This also suggest that I haven't achieved DCC friendly status with my location of the Red & Black wire.

All my points are brand new, oldest is about 6 months and cleaned regularly.

What do you think?

How do you wire Peco code 80 points?

Many thanks Mark