Lawrence Varady

Is this wiring correct for the dbl xvr shown?
Any comments appreciated.

Thx

Blair

Attachments, or embedded images, don't come through.  Please post your image in the photos or files section, and tell us where it is.

Thanks

Blair Smith

On 2021-10-22 16:46, Lawrence Varady wrote:
Is this wiring correct for the dbl xvr shown?
Any comments appreciated.

Thx

Lawrence Varady

I have added a turntable AR photo for wiring comments by anyone.
Thx

Lawrence Varady

See Photos

Lawrence Varady

See Photos

On Saturday, October 23, 2021, 06:14:01 AM PDT, Lawrence Varady <mrmrsv5049@...> wrote:

Is this wiring correct for the dbl xvr shown?
Any comments appreciated.

Thx

Lawrence Varady

Check photos "DBL XVR AUTO REVERSERS

On 2021-10-22 16:46, Lawrence Varady wrote:
Is this wiring correct for the dbl xvr shown?
Any comments appreciated.

Thx

Don Vollrath

Lawrence, I suggest making this section of track all the same fixed polarity and moving the two AR sections to be at the balloon return loops of the mainlines on layout. See the examples in Allan’s website. Far fewer issues with that method.

DonV

Jim Betz

Lawrence,

  Unless you have some special situation happening a double cross-over does
not require an auto-reverser.  The question to ask/answer is "are the two
mainlines (thru tracks) wired the same?" - that means "does the right rail of
both wired to the same bus wire?" ... if they are you do not need a reverser.
However, if it were me I'd wire the cross-over itself so that only one route is
powered at any one time - by using the output of the switches on the main
line(s) to cause that cross-over to be powered based upon the currently
selected 'path'.  If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll explain it
differently.
                                                                         - Jim
                                                                       - Jim

Lawrence Varady

Hi,
I added a photo of the entire layout to help determine how best to wire the DBLXVR in the center.

Thanks everyone.