Cross over stalling

Perry A Pollino

Folks,
I have have  a cross over using Peco electro frog turnouts in N scale. I am running DCC. I have DCC specialties Frog AR controlling power to all my frogs. I use Tortoise switch machines for movement of the points. I am not using Tortoise contacts to power the track in any way.
Yesterday for the first time I tried to run a loco through this cross over. It stalled in the same place in either direction. My RRamp meter shows I have voltage in all portions of the crossover. Even the points. Yet I stall every time.
I have another crossover  on my main line I also have occasional issues with. usually a cleaning will help that one. So I am perplexed.
The only different is the control of each of these. The crossover on the main line both points move with one switch. The other has a switch for each point.
So I have some questions to help me trouble shoot. I have test leads plugged into my RRamp meter. But it occured to me  I may still be putting enough pleasure on the points to get a good read, yet the locomotive is not creating the pressure. I did try putting pleasure on the loco where it stalled with no success.

I am now regretting not putting jumper wires to all my point rails before mounting them.
I am not about to pull up over 60 turnouts to do this.
So here are my questions:
Has anybody used cunductalube to improve turnout point conductivity at the hinge portion with success?
Someone I meet at a train show some time ago suggested putting Solder at the hinge as well or small jumper wire. That seems very tricky. However if anyone has experience with this, or other suggestions for improving point conductivity on turnouts that are in place I am  open to suggestions.
Thanks Perry

Don Vollrath

Perry, are you sure you are not causing track short circuits by out of sequence movements of the throw bars and points between turnouts? Any insulated joints between turnouts? carefully look at the point on the point rails. Ensure that there is a tiny pointed end where it touches the stock rail. This is where current to the point rail and frog is being picked up or lost. Ensure the linkage to control the throw bar puts adequate pressure to force the point rail to touch the stock rail. Be sure there are no vertical bumps in the rails to lift loco wheels off the rails as a loco rolls through. Adding jumper wires at this time will be tricky but may be necessary. Tighten up any swivel joints with a center punch. Adding conductalube may help.

DonV

Perry A Pollino

Don,
Thanks for the reply.
I have not heard of the punch idea. May be worth a try.
I have my RR broken into power districts protected by DCC Specialties PSX boards.
They are not indicating a short. at any time. unless I intentionally throw against the movement which I did on purpose to test the PSX.
These turnouts (cross over) are actually at the divide point of two districts the roundhouse and my yard. So yes, insulated joints are present. I had just finished installing my TT this weekend. This was first loco out of the TT district. All testing up to this point was with my RR Ampmeter. I had voltage.
Yes, I have good pressure on the points from the Tortoise.
I have power to every frog, and rails on each turnout. Every section of track has its own power drop.
Perry