Topics

consisting with three engines or two

nnjstevenstrong@...

I have an  NCE power pack  and  am having a difficult tome  understanding  what  to press.  I have told  mrc is much easier to use

The buttons to push on the NCE  is very difficult  as so many letters pop up and  what do they mean

James  Armstrong   nnjstevenstrong@...

Avast logo

D B

Jim,

There is a fabulous NCE support group at NCE-DCC@groups.io.  Sign up; do not despair.  Wouter or  Dave from Australia will answer all your questions.

Bill D
N&W Steam Only

On Jan 8, 2021, at 1:05 PM, nnjstevenstrong@... wrote:

I have an  NCE power pack  and  am having a difficult tome  understanding  what  to press.  I have told  mrc is much easier to use

The buttons to push on the NCE  is very difficult  as so many letters pop up and  what do they mean

James  Armstrong   nnjstevenstrong@...

Avast logo

Craig Zeni

NCE is asking you questions in plain language.  I hate to be that guy, but have you read the manual?  It walks you through consisting as easy as pie.

Craig Zeni
Cary, NC
Despatched from my infernal Android

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021, 13:05 <nnjstevenstrong@...> wrote:
I have an  NCE power pack  and  am having a difficult tome  understanding  what  to press.  I have told  mrc is much easier to use

The buttons to push on the NCE  is very difficult  as so many letters pop up and  what do they mean

James  Armstrong   nnjstevenstrong@...

Avast logo

whmvd

Jim,

Be wary of Wouter. He's not in Dave's class by miles.

Wouter

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 at 18:41, D B <1932mgj2@...> wrote:
Jim,

There is a fabulous NCE support group at NCE-DCC@groups.io.  Sign up; do not despair.  Wouter or  Dave from Australia will answer all your questions.

Bill D
N&W Steam Only

On Jan 8, 2021, at 1:05 PM, nnjstevenstrong@... wrote:

I have an  NCE power pack  and  am having a difficult tome  understanding  what  to press.  I have told  mrc is much easier to use

The buttons to push on the NCE  is very difficult  as so many letters pop up and  what do they mean

James  Armstrong   nnjstevenstrong@...

Avast logo

Alexander Wood

James,

You need to go step by step through the manual for your system. I have consisted and operated with NCE on several layouts, I use Digitrax at home, and have also operated on ESU and Lenz, and I have throttles from TCS. I have not used MRC, but I haven't found jumping between NCE and Digitrax to be hard at all. Once I learned the quirks of NCE, which are different from the quirks of Digitrax, I was off and running. It may take 2 or 3 times going through with the manual to learn the process, but once you learn it, it should be pretty quick to build and break consists.

In terms of asking a question in a group, if you have a specific question after going through the manual, you will get much better answers if you provide complete information, like what system you have, what you have tried, and what step in the process you get stuck on.

Alex

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 1:05 PM <nnjstevenstrong@...> wrote:
I have an  NCE power pack  and  am having a difficult tome  understanding  what  to press.  I have told  mrc is much easier to use

The buttons to push on the NCE  is very difficult  as so many letters pop up and  what do they mean

James  Armstrong   nnjstevenstrong@...

Avast logo

Alexander Wood

Wethersfield, CT