From: jccowboys825 via Groups.Io <jccowboys825@...>
To: w4dccqa <w4dccqa@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Feb 3, 2020 1:07 pm
Subject: [w4dccqa] connectors for dcc wiring

What suitcase connector do i use if my bus wire is 12 gauge and my feeder wires are 14 gauge

David McBrayer

Have you considered going online to your favourite manufacturer’s website and perusing their catalog for the exact item you need? Failing that, your favourite search engine is your friend.

Dave

--
Dave McBrayer
Castro Valley, CA

doncarter521@...

I did and Bachmann does not have that information anymore
Maybe someone knows who makes or made the DCC board for Bachmann Heisler
Thanks Don

On Feb 3, 2020, at 2:58 PM, David McBrayer <d_mcbrayer@...> wrote:

Have you considered going online to your favourite manufacturer’s website and perusing their catalog for the exact item you need? Failing that, your favourite search engine is your friend.

Dave

--
Dave McBrayer
Castro Valley, CA

Keith Elrod

What you need is the brown suitcase connector.
Keith

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 3:16 PM <doncarter521@...> wrote:
I did and Bachmann does not have that information anymore
Maybe someone knows who makes or made the DCC board for Bachmann Heisler
Thanks Don
> On Feb 3, 2020, at 2:58 PM, David McBrayer <d_mcbrayer@...> wrote:
>
> Have you considered going online to your favourite manufacturer’s website and perusing their catalog for the exact item you need?  Failing that, your favourite search engine is your friend.
>
> Dave
>

> --
> Dave McBrayer
> Castro Valley, CA

James Cunningham

Thank you i will try them

On Feb 3, 2020, at 1:20 PM, Gregg Wujcik via Groups.Io <gw927@...> wrote:

According to page 3 in the link below, the #567 would work for you.

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/68690O/3m-scotchlok-insulation-displacement-connectors-br.pdf

Gregg Wujcik
New Baltimore, MI

What suitcase connector do i use if my bus wire is 12 gauge and my feeder wires are 14 gauge

Carl

Hi :

Or you could save some money and try these:

https://www.instructables.com/id/Insulation-Displacement-Screw-Terminals/

Carl.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 02:24 PM, Carl wrote:

Or you could save some money and try these:

https://www.instructables.com/id/Insulation-Displacement-Screw-Terminals/

Carl.

Where do you get these CarL?

Cheers, Michael

Carl

Hello Michael:

You make them yourself. It is just a 1/4" deep slot in PVC "wood" trim and Hex Head "Zip" screws. Did a whole layout with them, went great.

Carl.