Topics

Block detection question

Robert Bryce

I have a question.  I am trying to set up block detection.  I will be using NCE's DB20 detectors.  I want 3 detection zones, all will be powered by the same booster.

Can I isolate the positive rail and leave the common rail intact or do I need to break both rails.  .

Breaking just one rail would really be much easier for my setup.  Again, not creating booster districts, just detection districts, all powered from the same booster.

(I hope the crude drawing I tried to make comes out correctly)

Don Vollrath

You only need to gap one rail. It makes sense to monitor the same side rail in each block. Be sure to gap both ends of the rail for each block. You can provide multiple rail feeders... AFTER the main feeder for the block passes through the BD20.

DonV.