BD20 and Reverse Loop

Tom Grassi

Hello All

I have a reverse Loop and I setup two blocks in the Loop for signaling
All trains can run in either direction thru the loop with now problem.

Today on the two feeders I connected my NCE BD20's to my NCE AIU-01

I was trying to setup the turnout also with another pair of BD20's  So when I did that I put a cut in one of the rails and ran a feeder down thru the BD20 and connected to my DCC Track Bus Line.

When I put the cut in the rail I had to add an additional pair of feeders just pass the cut so that the rails would have current.

That all worked  until today.  When I connected the BD20 to the AIU-01 I lost power to the Loop only has 2.3 volts.

after some time I decided to remove the extra feeders from the equation   So now I only have two wires for each feeder to the BD20.
Still no power

So I removed the BD20's from the AIU-01 and still had no power

I then Added back the extra feeders to the terminal block that connects to the AR Device  A Dual Frog Juicer by Tam Valley

So the question I have is

How to you wire a reverse loop so I can have block detection/

Hope someone has a diagram  or suggestions

Thank you

Tom

--
Tom Grassi
trgrassijr@...

Don Vollrath

Tom, the AR controller still needs to be wired from the main DCC bus and all track feeders inside the AR section(s). Each new BD20 needs to monitor all track current to one of the rails Inside the new signal block. Cut a gap in the rail as desired to create the new signal blocks inside the AR section. Pass the track feeders for the isolated rail of each new signal block through a BD20, and back to, or fed from the output of the existing AR controller. The fact that the DCC signal through the BD20 flips phasing/polarity of track power from the AR controller makes no difference.

DonV

Tom Grassi

Edited

Don

Sorry the image disappeared I will place the image in the upload section and post the link

The photo is here

w4dccqa@groups.io | Album

Can you tell me if I have this correct?

When I train is in block 2 near the green mark I have no block detection there only when close to the BD20

another feeder and loop that thru same BD20 or another BD20 and feeder this loop section is little over 6 six feet long

Any ideas
Thanks

Tom Grassi
trgrassijr@...

Tom Grassi

Don,

Update

I now have it working I removed the extra feeders from both side of the loop and now my AIU-01 is showing a LED as On when the train enter the block.

All good now

Thanks

Tom
--