Topics

Advice on location of reversing sections

larry@...

I am planning my first HO layout and am looking for advice or confirmation of my proposed reversing sections.  I just uploaded two drawings to my folder "Larry D's Layout".  One drawing is the plan from Anyrail that shows what Anyrail highlighted as the reversing section.  The software marked it in red and I tried to highlight it on the drawing.  It does in fact provide for reversing, but omits the two obvious reversing sections and would require isolating a major portion of the layout.  On the second copy of the plan I marked in green two proposed reversing sections and in black the gaps.  The turntable would be a third reversing section.

I have not completed laying out the sidings and yard as you can see, but with my proposal none of them would be affected by the reversing sections.

I am looking for advice as to whether this proposal will work and if not where the problems will be.  Also any advice on the best automatic reversing electronics for this small layout.  I have seen a recommendation on one of the groups preferring the PSX-AR over the TM frog juicers.  I think part of the reason was that the TM does not include circuit protection while the PSX-AR does, but I have not confirmed that.

Thanks for your guidance.

Carl

Hello Larry:

Looks to me you could connect the two blue sections and have one reverser for it. Gaps at each end and at the "crossovers" to the outside loop. Just make sure there is room for your longest train between the gaps. It doesn't look like a layout that would run more than one mainline train at a time.

Plus one reverser for the turntable.

Carl.

On 6/6/2020 2:33 AM, larry@... wrote:
[...]

Don Vollrath

I don’t see any files in said folder
DonV

Can't find the files.
-Michael

larry@...

I just moved the two layout plan drawings into my Larry D's Layout folder.  I think they were in it last night but I am just learning how to use navigate the site.

Thanks for the one reverser suggestion.  I expect to have fairly short trains and as noted only one at a time.

Don Vollrath

There are two reversing sections as marked in green. Isolate as indicated and add an AR controller to each. I suggest using OG-AR, or PSX-AR If you don’t have a 5A booster.

DonV