From: w4dccqa@groups.io <w4dccqa@groups.io> On Behalf Of frank@...
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 3:21 PM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: [w4dccqa] electrical block not powering the train

I finally just finished installing my two HO tracks and associated buss lines and the connections to the Digitrax controller. Three of my four electrical blocks are operating fine but one of the blocks is not powering the train for the some reason. I checked all the electrical and track connections but I cannot see anything that would cause this section not to operate. Any ideas on what else I should check or any actions  i  should take to find and fix this problem?

Frank

JoAnn Donaldson

Sounds like you have the feeders reversed on that one section.

JoAnn

On Thursday, March 31, 2022, 05:58:47 PM CDT, Lee Phillips <leenbeau@...> wrote:

Can anyone help me with a fig 8 layout using a 4x8 sheet of plywood.
I am using "o" 42in the curves.  Maybe I need something odd in the middle ??
Many thanks.
Lee Phillips (leenbeau@...}

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 5:44 PM whmvd <vandoornw@...> wrote:
Hi Frank,

Exchange the non-working connection with a working one at the Digitrax controller side. If the fault remains in the same section, your wiring is to blame - despite all your efforts... If the fault swiches to the section you exchanged the connection with, then the controller has a non-working output.

Wouter

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 20:21, <frank@...> wrote:
I finally just finished installing my two HO tracks and associated buss lines and the connections to the Digitrax controller. Three of my four electrical blocks are operating fine but one of the blocks is not powering the train for the some reason. I checked all the electrical and track connections but I cannot see anything that would cause this section not to operate. Any ideas on what else I should check or any actions  i  should take to find and fix this problem?

Frank

Lee Phillips

[...]

whmvd

[...]

Steve Haas

Frank writes:

“I finally just finished installing my two HO tracks and associated buss lines and the connections to the Digitrax controller. Three of my four electrical blocks are operating fine but one of the blocks is not powering the train for the some reason. I checked all the electrical and track connections but I cannot see anything that would cause this section not to operate. Any ideas on what else I should check or any actions I  should take to find and fix this problem?”

Hi Frank,

First, if three of your four blocks are operating fine there is nothing wrong with your command station (controller).

Second, a quick test . . .  if you place an engine in the middle of the block in question can you control the locomotive (Yes/No)?

Third, does the problem occur as you travel from a block with no problem onto the problem block (Yes/No)?

If the answer to #2 above is Yes, it is likely you have the phasing reversed for that block. If the answer to #2 is No and the loco just sits there, you have a problem with the connections between the DCC bus and the bus wires for that block.

If the answer to question #2 is yes, and the answer to #3 is Yes you definitely have a phasing problem.

Run those tests and get back to us.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Haas