DCC for Bachmann Spectrum

PAUL HART

Hi Paul,

I use the Massoth system. But if I was doing it all over I would use the NCE system with wireless controler. I have one for an N scale door layout I am working on in the winter since G scale is a summer sport. LOLĀ 
It is very easy to program 4 digit addresses with the NCE not with the Massoth plus it is too expensive. You live and learn.

If you go with the Phoenix system buy the computer interface and download their program also very easy to use and you can change the sounds with it.

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Good luck!

Paul Hart

-----Original Message-----
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Nov 28, 2021 9:39 pm
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] DCC for Bachmann Spectrum

Hi Paul,
Thanks so much, I will followup with the SM-18 as it looks like it simply plugs in.
I would also like to know what you would recommend for a DCC controller with throttle.
Paul Powers

PAUL POWERS

Hi Paul,
Thanks so much, I will followup with the SM-18 as it looks like it simply plugs in.
I would also like to know what you would recommend for a DCC controller with throttle.
Paul Powers

PAUL HART

I just installed the Phoenix Sounds SM-18 decoder in that engine. It could not be any easier. It took 10 minutes to install DCC and sound in the engine. You lift out the coal load from the tender remove the analog plug, plug the SM-18 in where the analog was it only goes one way. Then plug in the fan and open the smoke box door and throw all the switches to DCC and your done. I recommend downloading and reading the two manuals from Phoenix before you start.
Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone Psr

PAUL POWERS

Hello,
I've purchased a new Bachmann C-19 G-Scale DCC wired locomotive.
From what I've read, the loco is DCC plug-n-play wired.
I would like to get advice & options for both the DCC controller & decoder
that would take the minimum amount of wiring.
Thanks in advance - Paul