Topics

Auto Reverser Problem

John Cahill

Thanks Bill, I’m taking it up with the Permanent Way Department to see it anything can be done!

Best Regards,
John

On 31 Jan 2020, at 13:04, John Cahill via Groups.Io <johncahill25@...> wrote:

Darn! I had hoped that I was missing some possibilities but I guess it is what it is. Thanks anyway!

Best Regards,
John

On 31 Jan 2020, at 02:25, mgj21932 via Groups.Io <mgj21932@...> wrote:

John,
I think the consensus from the prior discussion has been that DCC ARs can do wonderful things BUT they are not without limitations.  And one of those is that to function properly the AR segment must be longer than your longest train.  The efficacy of patch-work fixes really are questionable, if not risky.  Option may be to use shorter trains in this section of the layout.  Or avoid the Wye in this area.
Bill D

John Cahill

Darn! I had hoped that I was missing some possibilities but I guess it is what it is. Thanks anyway!

Best Regards,
John

On 31 Jan 2020, at 02:25, mgj21932 via Groups.Io <mgj21932@...> wrote:

John,
I think the consensus from the prior discussion has been that DCC ARs can do wonderful things BUT they are not without limitations.  And one of those is that to function properly the AR segment must be longer than your longest train.  The efficacy of patch-work fixes really are questionable, if not risky.  Option may be to use shorter trains in this section of the layout.  Or avoid the Wye in this area.
Bill D

mgj21932

John,
I think the consensus from the prior discussion has been that DCC ARs can do wonderful things BUT they are not without limitations.  And one of those is that to function properly the AR segment must be longer than your longest train.  The efficacy of patch-work fixes really are questionable, if not risky.  Option may be to use shorter trains in this section of the layout.  Or avoid the Wye in this area.
Bill D

John Cahill

I hesitate to raise this issue again as it seems to have caused some difficulties and changes in direction previously, but I will encroach on your patience again and see if somebody can help unravel my conundrum as to where I should best create auto reversing section breaks. There are two Wyes joining in a new through station on my layout.  I have opened a folder and uploaded some 4 files which I hope might illustrate the track plan and, with luck, prompt some illumination on my problem.  Due to physical constraints, the usual approach to having an AR in one leg of the Wye is not possible in that they would not be long enough to allow a full train length to enter.  Perhaps there is an approach that I can't see from being to close to the problem.  So if you have any suggestions as to how to address this issue, I'd be grateful. The Folder is titled 'PSX-AR Problem'.
Thanks in advance,
John