Topics

DCC Specialties website not working

dennisedgar7

Hi,

Try DCC Concepts. I was on their website yesterday and they have DCC Specialites products.
Regards,
Dennis

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 16:47, Don Bowen <don.bowen@...> wrote:
On 1/12/2020 3:02 PM, Scott H. Haycock wrote:
> https://tonystrains.com/

There is nothing at that site with anything about DCC specialties, just
a listing of products.  I looked all over their site earlier and found
nothing.

--
Don Bowen       --AD0NB--

--
Dennis G Edgar
Lead Auditor  133839

wirefordcc

I think we've had a lot of good discussion on this topic.  If someone wants to call Tony's, I'm okay with posting the result of that conversation.  But we've drifted off from talking about wiring issues.  Let's try to wrap this up.

Thank you

Allan Gartner
Wiring For DCC

Brent Johnson

Paul, you are the man. I think this should resolve the question.

On Jan 13, 2020, at 4:57 PM, Paul O <pomilian@...> wrote:

To all,
I just called the 800 number that I posted earlier and spoke with a person from Tony’s train exchange.
TTX and DCC specialties are under the same ownership.

The person who owned the website certificate for DCC specialties recently passed away and the company is working with ‘Go Daddy’ to resolve new ownership of the website.
They said to use the TTX website until the problem gets resolved.

If you type in the URL: 66.39.46.164 you can bring up the DCC specialties website.

Paul O

Paul O

To all,
I just called the 800 number that I posted earlier and spoke with a person from Tony’s train exchange.
TTX and DCC specialties are under the same ownership.

The person who owned the website certificate for DCC specialties recently passed away and the company is working with ‘Go Daddy’ to resolve new ownership of the website.
They said to use the TTX website until the problem gets resolved.

If you type in the URL: 66.39.46.164 you can bring up the DCC specialties website.

Paul O

Brent Johnson

Thanks, Bill. That is exactly what I was trying to say in my original post.

Brent Johnson

On Jan 13, 2020, at 3:03 PM, mgj21932 via Groups.Io <mgj21932@...> wrote:

I don't beleive the concern is about purchasing DCC Specialties products from Tony's Trains.  You are correct that lots of DCC Specialties products are listed for sale there.  This email train began with a concern expressed about whether DCC Specialties was going out of business -- as evidenced by apparent elimination of web site.  Concern was expressed about purchasing still available DCC Specialties products if the manufacturer was going out of business (lack of website being the cause for such concern) and, therefore, future tech support no longer being available.

Hope that clarifies the issues/concern.

If Tony's Trains does in fact manuafacture DCC Specialties products that they sell, they may wish to clarify future availability questions.

Bill Demarest

On Monday, January 13, 2020, 02:27:51 PM EST, Steve Haas <goatfisher2@...> wrote:

> [...]

Au contraire . . .

https://tonystrains.com/manufacturers/dcc_specialties

From the main page, click on manufacturers, then type DCC in the search box, click on DCC specialties and then Search.  Returns 3 pages of DCC specialties products.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Haas
Snoqualmie, WA

Perry A Pollino

I had thought that DCC Specialties and TTX  were partnered somehow.
But since DCC specialties is available from other sources, that makes me wonder.
I sure hope they are not discontinuing their products. I am still in the process of installing new Frog AR boards, I just recently Installed  AR and PSX boards. My layout is not operational yet. That would be a blow if they are discontinued.
It would be my luck.
Perry

mgj21932

I don't beleive the concern is about purchasing DCC Specialties products from Tony's Trains.  You are correct that lots of DCC Specialties products are listed for sale there.  This email train began with a concern expressed about whether DCC Specialties was going out of business -- as evidenced by apparent elimination of web site.  Concern was expressed about purchasing still available DCC Specialties products if the manufacturer was going out of business (lack of website being the cause for such concern) and, therefore, future tech support no longer being available.

Hope that clarifies the issues/concern.

If Tony's Trains does in fact manuafacture DCC Specialties products that they sell, they may wish to clarify future availability questions.

Bill Demarest

Au contraire . . .

https://tonystrains.com/manufacturers/dcc_specialties

From the main page, click on manufacturers, then type DCC in the search box, click on DCC specialties and then Search.  Returns 3 pages of DCC specialties products.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Haas
Snoqualmie, WA

Steve Haas

There is nothing at that site with anything about DCC specialties, just a listing of products. I looked all over their site earlier and found nothing. <<<<<
Au contraire . . .

https://tonystrains.com/manufacturers/dcc_specialties

From the main page, click on manufacturers, then type DCC in the search box, click on DCC specialties and then Search. Returns 3 pages of DCC specialties products.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Haas
Snoqualmie, WA

Vincent Ficca

Hi All:

I believe Tony's Train Exchange is the owner of DDC Specialties.

Vince

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 9:47 AM Don Bowen <don.bowen@...> wrote:
On 1/12/2020 3:02 PM, Scott H. Haycock wrote:
> https://tonystrains.com/

There is nothing at that site with anything about DCC specialties, just
a listing of products.  I looked all over their site earlier and found
nothing.

--
Don Bowen       --AD0NB--

Don Bowen

On 1/12/2020 3:02 PM, Scott H. Haycock wrote:
https://tonystrains.com/
There is nothing at that site with anything about DCC specialties, just a listing of products.  I looked all over their site earlier and found nothing.

--
Don Bowen --AD0NB--

Brent Johnson

Thanks Paul, hopefully they are just having IT issues.  They seem to have a lot of good dcc related products and would hate to see them go away.

Brent

On Jan 12, 2020, at 7:46 PM, Paul O <pomilian@...> wrote:

Sorry, forgot the phone number: call toll-free 800-671-0641

On Jan 12, 2020, at 7:42 PM, Paul O <pomilian@...> wrote:

The certificate for their website expired on January 4, 2020 (see below).
If you go to that IP address, their website is still up.
However, that doesn’t tell you anything about the status of their business.
Best bet would be to try and call them.

Paul O

On Jan 12, 2020, at 7:00 PM, Brent Johnson via Groups.Io <Brntjh@...> wrote:

Right, I get it you can still purchase their products from dealers but my concern is the manufacturer is no longer showing a valid website so I wanted to find out if anyone knew if this is another model rr manufacturer that bit the dust. I don’t want to buy a product I may need more of in the future that may not be available when stock depletes.

The website that I visited before was www.dccspecialties.com

Brent
On Jan 12, 2020, at 3:43 PM, Don Bowen <don.bowen@...> wrote:

On 1/12/2020 2:02 PM, Earl Henry via Groups.Io wrote:
There is info about DCC Soecialties on the Tony’s Trains website.

Link?

--
Don Bowen       --AD0NB--

Paul O

On Jan 12, 2020, at 7:00 PM, Brent Johnson via Groups.Io <Brntjh=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Scott H. Haycock

https://tonystrains.com/

Google is your friend.

Scott Haycock

Chris Richter

Try:

https://tonystrains.com

Don Bowen

On 1/12/2020 2:02 PM, Earl Henry via Groups.Io wrote:
There is info about DCC Soecialties on the Tony’s Trains website.
Link?

--
Don Bowen --AD0NB--

Earl Henry

There is info about DCC Soecialties on the Tony’s Trains website.

 - Earl Henry, Nashville

Earl Henry, Jr

On Jan 12, 2020, at 8:09 AM, Brent Johnson via Groups.Io <Brntjh@...> wrote:

Went to go to DCC Specialties website to look at some of their products (like the PSX-AR) I was thinking about purchasing and the website no longer exists.  Does anybody have any information about what’s going on with them? While it could be a temporary issue, I don’t want to buy product of a company that might be going under.

Brent Johnson

Brent Johnson