Topics

Disrict Buss

Daniel Brewer

I would use 12 AWG wire from your NCE Power Panel Track Out to a terminal block with 4 red and 4 black terminals (black in back is how I wire my track, your choice). 14 AWG will work if run is short. I use black and red zip wire from Audiopipe.

Then run 14 AWG wire from the terminal block to each of two circuit breakers (in your case). From the circuit breakers, run 14 AWG wire  to each power district (attached feeders from the track to these wires - I use 22 AWG feeders). That gives you two power districts, each protected by a circuit breaker.

I hope this helps, Dan
Please let me know if anyone thinks I'm bonkers  ;0)

Products I used are below:

I used spade connectors to connect wire to terminal blocks. I used NCE EB1 circuit breakers.

Paul O

Ewoodley (first name please)
Use two circuit breakers (or boosters).
Connect the cab bus to both breakers.
Connect the output of each breaker to its own bus.

Paul O

On Dec 3, 2019, at 4:40 PM, ewoodley@... wrote:

I am breaking my layout into two districts.
There is two question that actually never gets answered or if it does they don't use my lingo, or it just flies over my pee wee brain. Here goes the question. If you break your layout into districts do you need to run a separate buss wire for that district?

I am using a NCE starter set with the power cab. It puts out two amps max. However there is only one slot to tie in your buss wire. So the second question would be (if the answer is yes, you need another buss for another district) where does the other buss wire get tied inn.

My layout is a 10 x 10 with hopes to increase the size. At this point only running two locomotives.

ewoodley@...