From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2015 1:03 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Screw Terminals for Main Bus to Sub Busses

I have determined from all my reading that I want my main bus to go out to a screw terminal and then have sub busses go out from there. But the only screw terminal I've seen is from radio shack and from what I can tell has screws. Six on a side . So it would just send back out the same signals that are on the other side.

I think I want one set coming in and however many subs I need coming out. Does someone make something like that or am I confused?

------------------------------------
Posted by: jwjj@...
------------------------------------

http://www.WiringForDCC.com
------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Glenn

I believe what you are referring to is called a barrier terminal
block/strip.

What you need to do with it is to take a length of bare wire and snake it
between the out going terminals on one side. Also connect the incoming main
bus to this side.

These terminal strips come in 2 and higher pairs of screws. You could easily
separate the input side into two sections.

Don has provided a jumper strip; RS also has an eight position barrier strip
with a corresponding jumper.
http://www.radioshack.com/nte-25-b600-08-8-pole-panel-mount-dual-row-termina
l-block/55055501.html#.VRwPEfCV5ic
Their part numbers: Block: Model: 25-B600-08 Catalog #:55055501, Jumper:
Model: 274-650 Catalog #:2740650

The jumper can be cut in half, just make two cuts so there is a gap between
the two halves.

I haven't tried recently, but you could order through a store and have it
sent there thus saving shipping.

NOTE: Radio Shack has gone through some changes leading folks thinking they
are going out of business. My two local mall stores closed, however they
just opened a new store in a less upscale strip mall. There you can park in
front of the store instead of fighting through the mall crowds.

Glenn