Topics

DCS System ?

jamartin1943@...

Is there anyone in the group who actually uses the MTH "DCS" system ?
If so, I'd really like to know if you're happy with the system.

wirefordcc

It doesn't appear that anyone here is using the MTH DCS system

 I do use the MTH locomotives with DCC and they work fine.

I don't recommend mixing DCS and DCC on the same layout like we also don't recommend mixing DCC and DC on the same layout. It is doable.  But I suspect you could smoke something if a loco bridges the two systems if in use at the same time.

Allan

Wiring For DCC

Paul <summermanva@...>

I think that it is generally a bad idea to use a proprietary system. I would stick to systems that adhere to the DCC standards. MTH locomotives have gotten better about working with DCC and they are great machines. I love mine, but I only use it with DCC.

Paul

Live Simply, Laugh Often