From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...]On
Behalf Of jmscnw
Sent: 01 December 2005 00:10
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] IDC Connectors

I am using 14 gauge wire for bus and 20 gauge wire for feeders.
I am not sure which type will work well for DCC.
I have a Mouser catalog which sells several types.

http://www.WiringForDCC.com

Service.

jmscnw <jmscnw@...>

John,

Do you remember the 3M stock number ?

Thanks,
James

Hi
I do not have the catalogue but I have just started wiring up
and laying
using just those gauges and I have used a 3m scotchlok which has a
1/4"
blade recepticle built in. That means if you have a problem you can
just
unclip that feeder. It does mean that you have to buy a bag of
blades as
well but you can also put more than one feeder into the blade if
you want
to.........works well for me

Regards

John Churchward

Doug Stuard <dstuard@...>

3M ScotchLok 905 connectors accomodate 18-14 AWG on the "run" and 22-
18 AWG on the "tap" connection. They are single blade connectors.
I dont believe there is a dual blade (similar to the ScotchLok 567,
12-10 run, 18-14 tap) for your smaller wire.

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/utilities_telecom/electrical
_contractors/node_GSPV65GVLXbe/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_GSBCDFDZ1Zge/g
vel_RZZJLFZNT6gl/theme_us_electricalcontractors_3_0/command_AbcPageHa
ndler/output_html

Doug

b --- In WiringForDCC@..., "John Churchward"
<jcebay@n...> wrote:

Hi
I do not have the catalogue but I have just started wiring up
and laying
using just those gauges and I have used a 3m scotchlok which has a
1/4"
blade recepticle built in. That means if you have a problem you
can just
unclip that feeder. It does mean that you have to buy a bag of
blades as
well but you can also put more than one feeder into the blade if
you want
to.........works well for me

Regards

John Churchward
I am using 14 gauge wire for bus and 20 gauge wire for feeders.
I am not sure which type will work well for DCC.
I have a Mouser catalog which sells several types.

http://www.WiringForDCC.com

of
Service.

jmscnw <jmscnw@...>

Doug,

Thanks for the clarification. I did find Allan's recommendation for the
517-905 IDC's on the web site. The Mouser catalog confused me because
it states: 22-18 tap wire only. I will order some today.

James

steven

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "Doug Stuard" <dstuard@c...>

<jcebay@n...> wrote:

[...]

Terms
of
Service.

where do you buy these at? I am wanting to save some labor
steve