Dual gauge wiring for DCC

gcodori

Hi, first post...

Are there any references for wiring dual gauge trackage (switches) to
be DCC friendly?

I have a layout design where a narrow gauge line deviates from the dual
gauge trackage (the dual gauge trackage becomes seperate lines of
standard and narrow gauge).

Any ideas on wiring something like this?

Thanks!

wirefordcc <wire4dcc_admin@...>

Greg,

I'm pretty well caught up with things, so I'll try to add material on
dual gauge wiring this summer.

I will go visit a layout with dual gauge track and see what was done
or should have been done. Then I will make some drawings as needed.

What brand of turnouts are you using?

Allan

gcodori

--- In WiringForDCC@yahoogroups.com, "wirefordcc" <wire4dcc_admin@c...>
wrote:
Greg,

I'm pretty well caught up with things, so I'll try to add material on
dual gauge wiring this summer.

I will go visit a layout with dual gauge track and see what was done
or should have been done. Then I will make some drawings as needed.

What brand of turnouts are you using?

Allan
I haven't decided what brand to use, but most likely will either hand
lay or use a peco switch (n scale) and build a HO/HOn30 switch out of
it. My intention was to have the standard gauge continue straight and
have the HOn30 deviate off to the left. I thought an easy solution was
to use a left hand switch (n scale) and add the standard gauge track to
it.

Does that make much sense?

Greg

wirefordcc <wire4dcc_admin@...>

Greg,

Regarding your idea for your trackwork, try asking your question on a
Yahoo group on narrow gauge. I think I've seen a way for a narrow
gauge track to diverge from a standard gauge track without using a
turnout. I'm sure you can get good advice about your dual gauge needs
and how you should approach it on a narrow gauge chat group. I don't
want to try to give advice on a topic I know little about.

I'm going to visit my friends dual gauge layout and study it. Look
for dual gauge information on my website later this summer. Go to
http://home.comcast.net/~wire4dcc_admin and sign up for update
announcements. When I update the Wiring For DCC website, you will
receive an announcement.

Allan

Jan Frelin <jan.frelin@...>

Greg, have you seen Tillig products? They seem close to what you want. (H0e
= H0n30).
/Jan

wrote:
Greg,

I'm pretty well caught up with things, so I'll try to add material on
dual gauge wiring this summer.

I will go visit a layout with dual gauge track and see what was done
or should have been done. Then I will make some drawings as needed.

What brand of turnouts are you using?

Allan
I haven't decided what brand to use, but most likely will either hand
lay or use a peco switch (n scale) and build a HO/HOn30 switch out of
it. My intention was to have the standard gauge continue straight and
have the HOn30 deviate off to the left. I thought an easy solution was
to use a left hand switch (n scale) and add the standard gauge track to
it.

Does that make much sense?

Greg

<http://www.WiringForDCC.com>http://www.WiringForDCC.com

*
<mailto:WiringForDCC-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>WiringForDCC-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

*
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the